ãäÊÏì ÞÕÉ ÇáÅÓáÇã

ãäÊÏì ÞÕÉ ÇáÅÓáÇã (http://forum.islamstory.com//index.php)
-   Article Forum (http://forum.islamstory.com//forumdisplay.php?f=110)
-   -   Prophet Mohummed in the Holy Book (http://forum.islamstory.com//showthread.php?t=5604)

ÇÈæ ÍÝÕ ÇáãÛÑÈí 15-09-2009 05:06 PM

Prophet Mohummed in the Holy Book

Prophet Mohummed in the Holy Bookhttp://forum.islamstory.com/firas/en...TKEN_small.jpg
By :Magdy Abd Al-Shafy
The Holy Scripture , both the old Testament and the New Testament , speak clearly about the prophet of Islam and to this God refers in the Holy Quran :
"Those who follow the messenger, the Prophet who can neither read nor write, whom they will find described in the Torah and the Gospel (which are) with them. He will enjoin on them that which is right and forbid them that which is wrong. He will make lawful for them all good things and prohibit for them only the foul; and he will relieve them of their burden and the fetters that they used to wear. Then those who believe in him, and honor him and help him, and follow the light which is sent down with him: they are the successful. ( AL-A'raf :157)
Not only does the Holy Book but also all the codices , that were once used in worshipping give glad tidings about the prophet of Islam .
Deuteronomy, 18 (17,18,19) says “ And the LORD said unto me, They have well spoken that which they have spoken. " I will raise them up a Prophet from among their brethren, like unto thee, and will put my words in his mouth; and he shall speak unto them all that I shall command him. And it shall come to pass, that whosoever will not hearken unto my words which he shall speak in my name, I will require it of him ".
This prophecy speaks so clearly about a prophet that God will choose from among the brethren of Israelite (the Arabs) and to banish any partial thinking , God gave some of the common features between the prophet to come and Moses.
This is an important prophecy for which the Jews remained awaiting for its fulfillment for long centuries till the advent of Prophet Mohummed . Some of them , according to some prophecies , knew his place and his time , So they made their way To Madina , Bacca and many provinces around them . They used to warn the Arab idolaters saying" It is time that God will send a prophet whom we will follow and fight and decimate you ."When the prophet of Islam appeared , many believed in him and others didn't ,foremost among the etiology behind their being converted into Islam is the multitude of the glad-tidings of the prophet of Islam in the Holy Books . Some of these were deplorably deleted , others mutilated and others are still strong evidence to the prophethood of Mohummed – the prophet of Islam .
This prophecy doesn't fit Joshua nor any other Jewish prophet
The above-mentioned prophecy , despite fitting the prophet of Islam , the Jews claim that the prophecy fits Joshua .The Christians have another opinion , the Christians are always in the habit of changing every prophecy in the old testament to suit Jesus twisting the definitive words to give other meanings that contradict all the historical facts and even drop , delete and insert new words to make these prophecies in agreement with what they claim . The Moslems have good reasons that this prophecy speaks clearly and in a definitive way about the prophet Mohummed .
So we are now before three contentions : Who is the prophet meant here ? Joshua or Jesus or Mohummed (peace be upon them all ) , only one of them is true . We will answer this question in this article :
Sodoes this prophecy refer to any of the Jewish prophets ? The answer is plain "No" because :
(1)The prophecy says I will raise them up a Prophet from among their brethrens " , so the prophecy is speaking about a prophet who is not from among the Israelites
(2)If the prophecy had been meant to refer to any of the Jewish prophets , Moses would have said " from among yourselves " as the main twelve Jewish tribes were there in the presence of Moses.
(a)The prophecy says " ..from among their brethren ." This refutes the claim that Joshua is the prophet meant in this prophecy because:
Joshua was among the Israelites and not from the brethren of the Israelites .
(b) The wording of the prophecy says " will rise " which means future event , but Joshua was physically there and even Moses nominated him .
The wording of the prophecy says " like unto thee " , like Moses but Joshua was Junior to Moses and was nominated by Moses to be a successor , he was not independent prophet , he even did not have a book and subsequently no new law.
(3) The epilogue of the book of Deuteronomy testifies to the fact that neither Joshua nor any other Jewish prophet is the one meant here. The epilogue says : And there arose not a prophet since in Israel like unto Moses, whom the Lord knew face to face.[33]
(4) The book of Malachi , which is the last of the Minor Prophets and of the OT records the prophecy uttered by the Lord in the following words [which shows that the messenger of the covenant was yet to come by his time, and, as such, Joshua could not have been this "a prophet"]: Behold, I will send my messenger, and he shall prepare the way before me; and the Lord, whom ye seek, shall suddenly come to his temple , even the messenger of the covenant whom ye delight in; behold, he shall come, saith the Lord of hosts.
Malachi, 'McKenzie' observes: The book is dated by the critics after the rebuilding of the temple in 516 BC, during the Persian period and before the reforms of Nehemiah and Ezta, i.e., before 432 BC. The recording of the prophecy regarding 'the messenger of the covenant' in it shows that till 432 BC the Israelites were still waiting for him and he was yet to come.
Historical studies testify to the fact that this prophecy was not fulfilled at any time before Jesus and even after . No prophet among the Jews ever claimed to be that prophet , also the verse "And there arose not a prophet since in Israel like unto Moses, whom the Lord knew face to face."Testifies to this fact It is probable that this epilogue might have been written by Ezra eight to nine hundred years after Moses. So the prophecy remained unfulfilled till 8-9 centuries after Moses. It is also probable that it might have been written by some other redactor of the book when the Torah and some other books of the Bible were first compiled in written form about five hundred years after Moses. It means that the prophecy remained unfulfilled for not less than 500 years after Moses. It does not mean that it was fulfilled after it. Nobody ever claimed to be 'the messenger of the covenant' or fulfilled its pre-requisites at any time after Moses. Almost every scholar of the Bible understands that it stood unfulfilled even after the time of Jesus Christ. The Bible Knowledge Commentary observes : During the first century A.D. the official leaders of Judaism were still looking for the fulfillment of Moses' prediction (cf. John I: 21).
That it remained unfulfilled during the time of Jesus Christ and the Jews were still waiting for the coming of this prophet, can be ascertained from the following passage of the Gospel According To John: And this is the record of John, when the Jews sent priests and Levites from Jerusalem to ask him, Who art thou? And he confessed, and denied not; but confessed, I am not the Christ. And they asked him, What then? Art thou Elias? And he saith, I am not. Art thou that prophet [stress added]? And he answered, No. Then said they unto him, Who art thou? that we may give an answer to them that sent us. What sayest thou of thyself? He said, I am the voice of one crying in the wilderness, Make straight the way of the Lord, as said the prophet Esaias. And they asked him, and said unto him, Why baptizest thou then, if thou be not that Christ, nor Elias, neither that prophet?
It has become clear from the study undertaken above that this 'Prophet like unto Moses' had not been raised up till the time of Jesus Christ.
Prophet Jesus or prophet Mohummed?
This prophecy fits prophet Mohummed and only prophet Mohummed for the following reasons:
(1)The prophecy says " ….from theirbrethren”
Muhammad (pbuh) is from among the brethren of Moses (pbuh). Arabs are brethren of Jews. Abraham (pbuh) had two sons: Ishmail and Isaac (pbut). The Arabs are the descendants of Ishmail (pbuh) and the Jews are the descendants of Isaac (pbuh) , so the Arabs or the Ishmaelites are the brethren of the Jews and prophet Mohummed was from the line of Ishmael

The word brethrens is used in the Holy Book to refer to Ishmael and his descendants , we read in Genesis "‘And he (Ishmael) shall dwell in the presence of all his brethren.’ (Genesis 16:12) and also ‘And he (Ishmael) died in the presence of all his brethren.’ (Genesis 25:18)
The children of Isaac are the brethren of the Ishmaelites. Likewise, Muhammad is from among the brethren of the Israelites, because he was a descendant of Ishmael the son of Abraham.
(2)The prophecy says " like unto thee "
The Christians say that this prophecy refers to Jesus (pbuh) because Jesus (pbuh) was like Moses (pbuh). Moses (pbuh) was a Jew, as well as Jesus (pbuh) was a Jew. Moses (pbuh) was a Prophet and Jesus (pbuh) was also a Prophet. If these two are the only criteria for this prophecy to be fulfilled, then all the Prophets of the Bible who came after Moses (pbuh) such as Solomon, Isaiah, Ezekiel, Daniel, Hosea, Joel, Malachi, John the Baptist, etc. (pbut) will fulfill this prophecy since all were Jews as well as prophets.
The following table show how far prophet Mohummed was like Moses while Jesus was not.
Areas of ComparisonMosesJesusMuhammadBirthnormal birthmiraculous, virgin birthnormal birthMissionprophet onlysaid to be Son of Godprophet onlyParentsfather & mothermother onlyfather & motherFamily Lifemarried with childrennever marriedmarried with childrenAcceptance by own peopleJews accepted himJews rejected himArabs accepted himPolitical AuthorityMoses had it (Num 15:36)Jesus refused it Muhammad had itVictory Over OpponentsPharaoh drownedsaid to be crucifiedMeccans defeatedDeathnatural deathclaimed to be crucifiednatural deathBurialburied in graveempty tombburied in graveDivinitynot divinedivine to Christiansnot divineBegan Mission at age403040Resurrection on Earthnot resurrectedresurrection claimednot resurrected
In fact ,the claim that the prophecy fits Jesus though all Moses peculiarities contradict Jesus' and in same time fits Mohummed is shaky and untenable , add to this Jesus was a Jewish prophet and didn't have an independent law , Jesus says " Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfill." (Mathew:5:17)
(3) The prophecy says God Will Put His Words in the Mouth of the Awaited Prophet
It is known that prophet Mohummed was unlettered , so God will put his words in his mouth , Moses Book was tablets from which Moses read , Moses tells God's word on his tongue , but the Holy Quran is the very word of God .The Quran says of Muhammad: “Neither does he s`peak out of his own desire: that [which he conveys to you] is but [a divine] inspiration with which he is being inspired.” (Quran 53:3-4)
The Prophet Muhammad came with a message to the whole world . All, including the Jews and the Christians , must accept his prophethood, and this is supported by the following words:….And he shall speak unto them all that I shall command him." It is known that prophet Mohummed did impart and convey God's word to the world and he did not die till he had completed his message .
(4) The prophecy says "….my words which he shall speak in my name "
The Holy Quran is composed of 114 chapters , all of them start with "Bismillah ir-Rahman ir-Raheem" meaning " In the name of Allah , the most Merciful , the Most compassionate. " Only one chapter doesn't begin with this verse while another chapter repeats the same verse twice . So this part of the prophecy applies to the prophet too.
Abdul-Ahad Dawud, the former Rev. David Benjamin Keldani, BD, a Roman Catholic priest of the Uniate-Chaldean sect . After embracing Islam, he wrote the book, ‘Muhammad in the Bible.’ He writes about this prophecy:
“If these words do not apply to Muhammad, they still remain unfulfilled. Jesus himself never claimed to be the prophet alluded to. Even his disciples were of the same opinion: they looked to the second coming of Jesus for the fulfillment of the prophecy (Acts 3: 17-24). So far it is undisputed that the first coming of Jesus was not the advent of the Prophet like unto thee and his second advent can hardly fulfill the words. Jesus, as is believed by his Church, will appear as a Judge and not as a law-giver; but the promised one has to come with a “fiery law” in his right hand.” Muhammad Asad was born Leopold Weiss in July 1900 in the city of Lvov (German Lemberg), now in Poland, then part of the Austrian Empire. He was the descendant of a long line of rabbis, a line broken by his father, who became a barrister. Asad himself received a thorough religious education that would qualify him to keep alive the family’s rabbinical tradition. He had become proficient in Hebrew at an early age and was also familiar with Aramaic. He had studied the Old Testament in the original as well as the text and commentaries of the Talmud, the Mishna and Gemara, and he had delved into the intricacies of Biblical exegesis, the Targum.
Commenting on the verse of the Quran:“and do not overlay the truth with falsehood, and do not knowingly suppress the truth” (Quran 2:42),Muhammad Asad writes: “By ‘overlaying the truth with falsehood’ is meant the corrupting of the biblical text, of which the Quran frequently accuses the Jews (and which has since been established by objective textual criticism), while the ‘suppression of the truth’ refers to their disregard or deliberately false interpretation of the words of Moses in the biblical passage, ‘The Lord thy God will raise up unto thee a prophet from the midst of thee, of thy brethren, like unto me; unto him ye shall hearken’ (Deuteronomy 18:15), and the words attributed to God himself, ‘I will raise them up a prophet from among thy brethren, like unto thee, and will put my words in his mouth’ (Deuteronomy 18:18). The ‘brethren’ of the children of Israel are obviously the Arabs, and particularly the musta’ribah (‘Arabianized’) group among them, which traces its descent to Ishmael and Abraham: and since it is this group that the Arabian Prophet’s own tribe, the Quraish, belonged, the above biblical passages must be taken as referring to his advent.”

ÇáãÑÊÞÈ 18-09-2009 10:07 AM

ÑÏ: Prophet Mohummed in the Holy Book

allah blees u bro

ahmad abd almunim 23-09-2009 01:53 AM

Thank Allah. How can they after this deny him and disbelieve in his mission?

ahmed fady 04-07-2016 03:09 PM

Jazakoum Allah Khayrn

ÇáÓÇÚÉ ÇáÂä 06:17 AM.